Successful canditates from the Entrance examinations are invited for three days written/oral interviews. This year's interview would be from Friday 27th April to Sunday 29th April 2018
The subjects to be taken during the entrance interview include: Quantitative, Verbal aptitude and General Paper (Primary Science, Health Science, Social Studies, Agric Science and Religion). These are to be taken on arrival. An oral interview is also conducted for the candidates in order to ascertain their intention for seeking admission into the seminary.
Only candidates that are not below class 6, within the range of 10 -15 years and have received first Holy Communion are admitted into the seminary. CHECK INTERVIEW RESULT
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INTERVIEW
All canditates for the Interview are to report to the Seminary with the following items.
SCHEME OF WORK
1. Simple Essays:
- Simple Letter Writing
- Short Stories
- Narrative Essays
2. Comprehension Passages
3. Common Mistakes in English Language
4. Words and Synonyms (similar in meaning)
5. Tenses – present, past, future and past participle
6. Words and Antonyms (opposite in meaning).
7. Parts of Speech
1. Addition and Subtraction of Numbers
2. Multiplication and Division of Numbers
3. Approximations (rounding off) – Decimal Places, Significant Figures, etc.
4. Square Root of Numbers
5. H.C.F. and L.C.M. of Numbers
6. Words and Figures and Roman Numerals
7. Fraction, Decimals, Percentages, etc.
1. Katikizim Nke Okwukwe Nzuko Nso Katolik N’Asusu Igbo.
2. Common Responses at Mass (Igbo, English and Latin.)
3. Basic Christian Practices:
- Holy Days Of Obligation
- Liturgical Years
- Liturgical Articles and Vestments
4. Creation of the World and fall of man (Gen.1,2,3)
5. Israelites in Egypt-Causes and their redemption (Gen.37, 45 & EX.14)
6. Call of Samuel (1 Sam 1,2 & 3)
7. Covenant at Mount Sinai and the Decalogue (Ex. 19,20)
8. Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5)
9. Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Matt. 26, 27, 28)
10. Birth and Baptism of Jesus Christ (Luke 2, 3)
11. Transfiguration (Luke 9, Matt. 17)
12. Killing of Stephen – Causes and Consequences (Acts. 7, 8)
13. Conversion of Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9)
14. The Mission of Barnabas and Paul – the Council of Jerusalem (Acts. 13 – 15).
NB: For those who are not conversant with Igbo Language, they can replace Igbo Katikizim with Catechism of Christian Doctrine (CCD) and responses at Igbo Mass with responses at English Mass.