Entrance Examinations hold on second Saturday of March every year. Accreditation begins by 8am. All canditates must be in the Seminary compound on or before 8am. Late comers risk forfeiting the examinations.
The forms for our entrance examination are available in the seminary and the Parishes within Onitsha Archdiocese from December till March yearly. After filling the form, the entrance fee of N1,500 (as at 2017) is to be sent to the seminary. Those below 10 or above 15 years of age need not apply. DOWNLOAD FORM
Results of Entrance Examinations
Results of the entrance examinations are pasted on the notice boards in the seminary at least a week after the entrance exam day. All are free to check their results once they are out. They are also sent to the parishes of the candidates for easy collection. Only successful candidates are qualified to come for the interview. CHECK RESULT
PREPARATIONS FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
Three subjects are taken during our entrance exams: Mathematics, English and Religion.
SCHEME OF WORK
1. Simple Essays:
- Simple Letter Writing
- Short Stories
- Narrative Essays
2. Comprehension Passages
3. Common Mistakes in English Language
4. Words and Synonyms (similar in meaning)
5. Tenses – present, past, future and past participle
6. Words and Antonyms (opposite in meaning).
7. Parts of Speech
1. Addition and Subtraction of Numbers
2. Multiplication and Division of Numbers
3. Approximations (rounding off) – Decimal Places, Significant Figures, etc.
4. Square Root of Numbers
5. H.C.F. and L.C.M. of Numbers
6. Words and Figures and Roman Numerals
7. Fraction, Decimals, Percentages, etc.
1. Katikizim Nke Okwukwe Nzuko Nso Katolik N’Asusu Igbo.
2. Common Responses at Mass (Igbo, English and Latin.)
3. Basic Christian Practices:
- Holy Days Of Obligation
- Liturgical Years
- Liturgical Articles and Vestments
4. Creation of the World and fall of man (Gen.1,2,3)
5. Israelites in Egypt-Causes and their redemption (Gen.37, 45 & EX.14)
6. Call of Samuel (1 Sam 1,2 & 3)
7. Covenant at Mount Sinai and the Decalogue (Ex. 19,20)
8. Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5)
9. Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Matt. 26, 27, 28)
10. Birth and Baptism of Jesus Christ (Luke 2, 3)
11. Transfiguration (Luke 9, Matt. 17)
12. Killing of Stephen – Causes and Consequences (Acts. 7, 8)
13. Conversion of Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9)
14. The Mission of Barnabas and Paul – the Council of Jerusalem (Acts. 13 – 15).
NB: For those who are not conversant with Igbo Language, they can replace Igbo Katikizim with Catechism of Christian Doctrine (CCD) and responses at Igbo Mass with responses at English Mass.