ABOUT ALL HALLOWS
All Hallows Seminary is the pioneer seminary east of the River Niger, instituted for the training of diocesan clergy. It was established in 1924 by Bishop Joseph Shanahan with Rev. Fr. William O’Donnel as the first Rector.
The seminary travelled to many places before it finally settled in the present location. It moved from Igbariam to Onitsha in 1928. In 1933 it was separated from the major seminary and attached to Christ the King College, Onitsha for 14 years.
In 1947 it moved to Nnewi (St. John Cross parish ground, Nnewi) where it started off an independent existence. January 1950 saw the seminary at Enugu (Holy Ghost cathedral compound) until February 1952 when it moved down to the present site in Onitsha, Anambra State, with the name ALL HALLOWS.
The site used to be a very quiet place until development caught up with it and express roads were sited in front and buildings sprang up around it. The seminary has trained great men serving both in the Church and the society, hence our slogan: All Hallows Seminary, the home of the Humble and the Great!.